Today we’re sharing some market stats to demonstrate how wild the market is right now. It’s currently a wonderful time to be a seller. However, buyers shouldn’t give up hope; we’re expecting inventory to increase. We primarily serve Quincy, Braintree, and Weymouth, along with many towns in the South Shore area and Greater Boston. So here’s some basic data to give you an idea of what’s happening:
- 21 homes on the market, down 48% year over year
- Average list price is 23% higher year over year
- Days on market decreased by 38% (Houses are selling quicker and for more money)
- Sale price has risen almost 20%
- Only 11 homes on the market, down 50% year over year
- Average list price is 20% higher year over year
- Days on market decreased 12% (Again, houses selling quicker and for more money)
Every year from mid-March to about mid-May, we see a surge of inventory, so buyers just need to hold on a little longer. Align yourself with an excellent real estate team and strategize to get the property of your dreams; it’s out there. It just may not be on the market today.
If you want a market update for your town or wish to know how much your home has increased in value, we can help. Call or email us; we’d love to speak with you.